Strawberry Jello Cake
it is strawberry picking time here in Richmond....That can only mean one thing... Strawberry everything!
I LOVE strawberries! I am normally a big whole food/organic gal but every once in a while a recipe comes along that just calls for "the crap"... A girl can't live on all healthy food alone ;-)
So after posting on FB I have had a bunch of folks e-mailing asking for the "how to". The thing is this recipe is like the simplest of the simplest.... NOTHING fancy to it AT ALL!
I can make it in no time flat but the problem would be it only lasts in this house for about 24 hours before "poof" it disappears!
1 Box White Cake mix (any kind) 1 small box of Strawberry Jello mix 1 big batch of cut up fresh strawberries 1 1/2 tubs Whipped Cream
1) Prepare and bake the cake mix according to the package directions (easy enough;-)
2) Mix 1 cup of warm water with the strawberry jello and stir till it dissolves.
3) Once the cake it out of the oven and simply use a fork to poke little holes all over the baked cake
4) Start by spooning out the liquid jello over the holes...
5) Then go wild and just pour the remaining liquid all over the darn cake!
6) My favorite part...dump a whole bunch of berries on top! Now most folks seem to be all shy and reserved about the amount of berries they use! Not me! I load mine up thick ;-)
7) Top them off with a nice thick layer of your favorite whipped cream!
8) The easy part...ok I know..it wasn't hard to begin with...put it in the fridge and let it all firm up. Since it is has jello and whipped cream you defintily want to keep it in the fridge.
That's it...now you know all of my secrets...well almost. Wait till blueberry season comes in ;-)