Krista's Lemon Balm Cookies!
I have TONS of Lemon Balm growing this year so when Krista brought out her Lemon Balm cookies last week at the Whole Living class I was way over joyed... Like "ate 6 of them" overjoyed...the girl who really shouldn't be eating gluten but hey...sometimes you just have to cave in. While my arms did give me grief the next day it didn't stop me from making a batch for the kids. I try to keep home made cookies in the house at least once a week. Since I buy limited amounts of what could be termed "junk food" I tend to make ours. It always tastes better and I know for sure what the ingredients are. A pretty big deal to me and cookies are so fast and easy to make!
This recipe is super easy! I do recommend a double batch though because.....ummmm they disappear fast!
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped lemon balm (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon oil (I opted to use a heap of grated lemon instead)
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix it all together in that order....poof! Yummy cookies! Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
*** a few changes I made:
- I added rock crystal sugar to the top since they tasted so much like sugar cookies!
- For a thinner cookie drop down the baking powder by a teaspoon...fluffy cookies use the 2 tsp.